"We have the best offerings to make our clients profitable" vs "I can share our client's testimonials to show share how they got results".
Which one do you think is more compelling and your prospects would believe?
The one with testimonials, right?
Testimonials are the most effective way to show value to your prospect. Let’s say you want to buy a camera and see that it’s received many five-star reviews. Do you feel more compelled to buy it?
You get influenced by social proof, a psychological and social phenomenon wherein people copy the actions of others in an attempt to undertake behaviour in a given situation.
How to ask for testimonials which will help your prospects to make decisions in your favour?
1. It begins with doing great work to your clients so that they oblige when you ask for testimonials.
2. Develop a habit of asking for testimonials from your clients because unless you ask for it, clients seldom give testimonials proactively.
3. Provide a framework to your clients to give you feedback so that it becomes easy and meaningful.
Let me share a few questions to help ask for testimonials.
1. What specific feature did you like most about my service?
2. What did you find as a result of investing in my service?
3. What would be two to three other benefits of my service?
4. Would you recommend my service? If so, why?
5. Is there anything you’d like us to add to my service?
How do you reap the benefits from the testimonials?
1. Showcase the testimonials as video, text on your website
2. Convert success stories into case studies to describe how you solved a particular problem and what was the result of it had to client’s business
3. Share case studies with other clients to get more referrals.
Building relationships and social proof is the foundation of consulting business success, so reach out to three clients and ask for testimonials to attract new clients.